Job Title: Early Childhood Program Assistant
Hours:20-25hrs a week
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT ZONE MISSION AND SERVICES SUMMARY
Youth Empowerment Zone [YEZ] proactively reaches urban promising youth, Introducing and exposing them to ideas and activities of empowerment while resourcing for success in the zone of life. YEZ currently provides after school child care services for youth ages 5-12 with our Inspiring Academy Program, and job readiness training & placement support; anger management/conflict resolution training and mentoring to local youth ages 14-35 through our E.A.R.N. [Employment and Resource Navigation] program.
- Assist group supervisor with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Provide input for bi-annual assessment of children’s development
- Maintain daily open communication with parents
- Keep accident reports
- Maintain anecdotal records
- Maintain confidentiality
- Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Attend in service and staff meetings
- Assist in supervising children and participate with children in activities.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Keep all appropriate records such as records, attendance and timesheets.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations
- Must be 18 years or older
- Demonstrate success in working as a member of a team.
- Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
- Demonstrate an ability to work successfully with community-based agencies and building partnerships.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 15 credits in Early Childhood Education and/or At least two years teaching experience a plus.
- Have a Class E License & Clean driving Record
- Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff
- Background screening is required
Cover Letter is required. Please email Cover letters & resumes to Karita Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on June 30, 2016. Only electronic submissions will be considered.